Absolute Internship at a Glance
In less than 5 years, Absolute Internship has formed into a powerful and reputable program for university students leading the industry in Beijing, Hong Kong, London, Shanghai and Singapore.
With offices strategically located in London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, we bring our career expertise with enormous out reach.
Absolute Internship is a pioneering firm and we work with great companies to provide students and graduates the opportunity to develop both their personal and professional skillset and inspire them to follow their passions in an international environment with other students from all around the globe. Our complete internship programs allow participants to step out of their comfort zone, gain insight into their industry of interest in an international work environment, meet industry leaders and build their professional network.
Our program is frequently featured as an industry leading internship program on highest rated media outlets such as New York Times, BBC, Bloomberg, Reuters and Sky News.
We are dedicated to providing international opportunities that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to find and strive to help students and graduates to follow their dreams – wherever they may be. And with a growing number of students and graduates joining us, Absolute Internship is the easiest way to broaden your horizon and intern abroad in this beautiful world.
Two Entrepreneurs with a Big Dream
Our story begins in the dormitory room of Fredrik in Osaka, Japan in 2008. As an exchange student at the Kansai Gaidai University, he found out that a lot of his classmates were looking into doing internships abroad. Although these university students asked their home universities for help, it was hard to find the right opportunities abroad. So Fredrik started to help his classmates by connecting them with internships through his own contacts back in Europe but also in China. As it turned out, there were many university students out there looking for international opportunities. By going abroad this way, university students also gained life-long friendships with other students, built their CVs and created memorable experiences.
Following his graduation, a thousand dollars and few trips around the world later, Fredrik realized that this was a fantastic opportunity. Soon after, the lone entrepreneur became a duo, asking Aurélie to join as the second co-founder of Absolute Internship. With the founding team in place, the two set off on a course to inspire students to follow their dreams and intern abroad.
What began as a Swede in a dormitory room in Japan, has now evolved into a growing business and industry leader. Initially starting with internships in China, Absolute moved on to internships in London as well as two more cities. Absolute Internship has unlocked the doors to amazing internship opportunities so that university students can discover a new foreign country and culture while interning with a group of other success-seeking students.
What makes us stand out, is that we are passionate about seeing our interns succeeding in their internship placements and beyond. We know that internships make you stand out of the crowd and enable you to follow your career dreams in life, which is why we strive to help and inspire university students to follow their passions and explore the beautiful world we’re living in. If we can inspire and help students with their careers through our internship programs, then we have accomplished what was first a big dream in a small dormitory room in Osaka.
We invite you to join us now and become part of our Absolute story.
Over the years, we’ve placed over 2,000 interns from all around the world.
We work with over 500 companies, so we can guarantee you a meaningful internship that best fits you.
We aim to foster meaningful partnerships with the top universities around the world.
TRIPS TO THE MOON
Amount of distance traveled by interns to our programs equal up to more than 50+ trips to the moon.
Meet the Team / Our team is composed of passionate people from all over the world
aurelie at absoluteinternship dot com
- Favorite city: Hong Kong
- Favorite Country for Holiday: Cambodia / Thailand
- Frequency of Travel: Once a month
- When joined Absolute: From start
- Why joined Absolute: To create the world’s best and most inspiring internship programs.
- First time overseas: Morocco, when I was 6
Aurelie was born and raised in France. She attended ESC Montpellier, La Trobe University and Shanghai Finance and Economics University, where she met co founder Fredrik van Huynh. Able to speak four languages fluently, Aurelie has been working in China, France, Hong Kong, Thailand and Sweden. Aurelie co founded Absolute Internship with Fredrik van Huynh in 2009 and is today the Head of Programs and Universities Partnerships worldwide.
Europe General Manager
carla at absoluteinternship dot com
Europe General Manager
- Favorite city: Barcelona
- Favorite Country for Holiday: Indonesia and Italy
- Frequency of Travel: As often as possible
- When joined Absolute: 2014
- Why joined Absolute: I followed the steps of Absolute Internship from the very beginning while I was in China and I deeply believe that our Internship Program can change students’ lives.
- First time overseas: 1994, 8 years old, to Florida
Carla is the General Manager for Europe at Absolute Internship. She has joined the Absolute Team after spending five years in Beijing and Shanghai. What brought her to China was a deep interest in Chinese Language and Culture, in which she graduated in the Foreign Language and Culture University of Turin, in Italy.
In China, she combined the studies with working experience in an Italian consulting firm in Shanghai and in a local leading Advertising Agency, specialized in serving international luxury brands.
She is able to write, read and speaks Mandarin fluently on top of Italian, English and Spanish.
She loves reading, travel and sharing her insight of China.
daniel at absoluteinternship dot com
- Favorite city: Hong Kong
- Favorite Country for Holiday: Italy
- Frequency of Travel: Growing up, I would travel every Summer with my family to a different country for a few weeks. Now I have the opportunity to travel to different cities throughout China on the weekends and around Asia during the holidays.
- When joined Absolute: 2013
- Why joined Absolute: After doing an internship in China in 2012, I fell in love with the country and knew that I wanted to come back to China to start my career. As fate would have it, Fredrik gave me a call in early 2013 to come back to China and join the team. There was no hesitation on my end and I immediately agreed to come back. I joined Absolute Internship because I love meeting people from the all over the world and opening them up to new experiences – hopefully motivating them to follow their passions and stepping out of their comfort zone.
- First time overseas: My parents took me to Canada as a baby….Does this count?
- First job: Sales Associate at Steve Madden in South Beach, Florida.
Daniel was born and raised in Miami Beach and graduated from the Florida State University with a degree in Finance, Marketing and Professional Sales. Prior to working for Absolute Internship, Daniel was working on his Masters degree in International Administration, specializing in Nonprofit Management from the University of Miami. Some of his previous experiences include working in wealth management at Merrill Lynch, investment banking at Pacific Asset Management and different roles in various non-profit organizations such as ArtCares for Kids, Ecoworks International and USA for UNHCR. Daniel is still highly involved in several nonprofit organizations and develops overseas projects for ArtCares for Kids, while also volunteering his time through different organizations in Asia as well.
Daniel has traveled to over 27 countries and is fluent in English and Spanish, and currently studying Mandarin in his off time. His hobbies include turtle watching, competitive dog grooming, calling people by the wrong name and extreme kite flying.
Fredrik van Huynh
fredrik at absoluteinternship dot com
Fredrik van Huynh
Fredrik is the Co-Founder and Director at Absolute Internship. He drives the company’s vision, strategy and growth. Speaking seven languages including Swedish, Cambodian, Mandarin, Cantonese, English, French and Thai, Fredrik graduated from Jonkoping International Business School in Sweden with a degree in Business Administration and Marketing. As part of his degree, he spent a semester at the Shanghai Finance and Economics University as well as a semester at Kansai Gaidai University in Osaka, Japan. Fredrik is frequently featured on high rated media outlets such as The New York Times, BBC and Bloomberg Businessweek. His passions include entrepreneurship, travel and soccer. He is also highly involved in supporting charities in Cambodia.
Fredrik met Co-founder Aurélie Chouaf at the Shanghai Finance and Economics University in 2007.
Asia General Manager
thomas at absoluteinternship dot com
Asia General Manager
- Favorite city: Shanghai
- Favorite Country for Holiday: Korea
- Frequency of Travel: A few times per year
- When joined Absolute: 2012
- Why joined Absolute: Excited to join a young and ambitious company with the right mentality and values. To get the opportunity to start and be a part of the Shanghai office was a to good of a challenge to say no to.
- First time overseas: Antibes, France 1989
- First Job: Janitor on a cemetery
Thomas is the Asia General Manager at Absolute Internship and is working out of the Shanghai office. He is born in Sweden and has been living in China since 2010. The interest for International Business and China took off when he started his fist company in 2007 and worked closely with Chinese partners. Thomas graduated from Gothenburg Business School in Sweden with a master’s degree in Business Administration. He enjoys travelling, football and a good boat ride with the family on the Swedish west coast.
william at absoluteinternship dot com
- Favorite city: My favorite location is Shanghai, China; strongly cultural for both aspects of the East and West.
- Favorite Country for Holiday: Thailand, for its “computer screensaver” waters and tropical look/temperature.
- Frequency of Travel: I was lucky growing up in a United States airforce family, with the ability to travel frequently as a child and teen between the U.S and Europe. Have been to over 20 states in the U.S, 3 continents, and travelled to over 10 countries.
- When joined Absolute: I joined Absolute Internship as program manager in 2013.
- Why joined Absolute: Having what was the opportunity of a lifetime with my internship through Absolute Internship in 2012, I aspired from that point to return to the city I love and perform the duties I have dreamt to do. It was my duty to share my experiences and love for Shanghai and International cities to all students seeking the same life changing experience given to me by Absolute Internship.
- First time overseas: First time I remember traveling abroad was my transition from the U.S to Paris, France, where I would live and spend my childhood for the next 4-5 years.
- First Job: My first “real job” consisted of working at the Busch Gardens Amusement Park in Williamsburg, Virginia where I worked as a professional photographer and sales assistant.
William is the Program Director at Absolute Internship. A previous participant of Absolute Internship for his internship in Shanghai, William has aspired to follow his dream for the Chinese language and residence in Shanghai. Speaking Chinese, French, and English, William spent his childhood in Paris, his schooling in America, and his summers in China. A graduate of James Madison University in the United States, William pursued his Bachelor of Arts degree in International Affairs with a concentration on Asia, with minors in the Chinese Language, Chinese Business, and Asian Studies. During his degree, he also spent his summer abroad studying at Sichuan University in China, as well as the prestigious Tsinghua University in Beijing studying international Business. His life enjoyments include soccer, travel, family, and the Chinese culture.
After his life changing experience in Shanghai through his internship, William joined Absolute Internship determined to provide the same excellent service that he himself experienced.