13 Apr 14 Reasons Singapore is the Future
For such a young country, this island-nation has come a long way.
1. Everything feels sleek and modern from the second you land.
Singapore’s Changi airport is consistently voted the best in the world. Not only does it have a swimming pool, movie theater and nature trails, but thanks to efficiency targets, flights are seldom delayed and you won’t spend more than 30 minutes waiting for your bag.
2. It’s extremely clean.
You won’t find any trash on Singapore’s streets. There are bins on every corner and two decades of anti-littering campaigns have resulted in Singaporeans being one of the cleanest societies worldwide.
3. There’s no time wasted waiting.
Singapore boasts a super-efficient public transportation system whose trains are always on time.
4. You’re surrounded by cutting-edge architecture…
Marina Bay sands is straight out of a sci-fi set.
5. …And you can practically swim in the sky!
And of course, there’s that infinity pool.
6. It’s the perfect mix between urban jungle…
Singapore has developed rapidly since gaining independence, and has been named the city with the best investment potential by BERI.
7. …And gorgeous green spaces.
Walking through the Supertree Grove at Gardens by the Bay feels like you’re exploring a different planet.
8. The multicultural population coexists peacefully.
Singapore is home to people of Chinese, Malay and Indonesian ethnicities as well as a large expat community.
9. Most Singaporeans are bilingual.
English is the most common language, followed by Mandarin.
10. It is one of the safest places on earth.
Singapore’s crime rate is among the lowest in the world and no act of terrorism has even been committed in the country, ever.
11. Paradise is just a bridge away…
The beautiful beaches of Sentosa Island offer a tranquil escape from city life.
12. …And so is adventure!
Universal studios and Adventure Cove Waterpark can be found at Sentosa’s Resorts World complex, serving up action for adrenaline junkies.
13. Singapore is the top city for International Meetings.
It’s no wonder since it has amazing nightlife with rooftop restaurants and bars overlooking the central business district.
14. Every 7th person is a millionaire.
Maybe you’ll rub shoulders with some of them on your Singapore summer internship!