Apply to become our International Program Coordinator and start your journey this summer!
Location: Barcelona & selected program destination overseas
Type: Full-time Paid Internship – 4 months minimum!
Application deadline: February 20, 2020
Start Date: Beginning April 2020
The International Program Coordinator role is designed to intern in the Operations unit of Absolute Internship in Barcelona, as well as spending the final 3 months on-site, in one of Absolute Internship’s 11 program locations as an on-site Program Coordinator hosting the Absolute students tribe.
Part 1: Integrate a Business Unit – Barcelona from March to mid-May
Combine your strengths in customer service (English) to help our students discover the world. Your role is to assist the Operations team with:
- Program organization
- Student Housing
- Pre-Departure material
- Program compliance
You will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Part 2: Program Coordinator – Selected destination from mid-May to August
The Program Coordinator serves in multiple roles throughout the summer from marketing, to resident advising to event planning. In essence, the role of the Program Coordinator is to work as the primary point of contact for all communications between students and Absolute Internship in the selected destination.
Plan, execute and supervise program events and program logistics for students with a given budget alongside the Operations Team:
- Act as a role model for participants by conducting yourself in a mature, responsible, and professional manner throughout the program time.
- Lead and support in the areas of customer service, resident advising, marketing and promotions, community building, and event planning and execution.
- Collect marketing material such as photos and videos from students.
- Be “on call” 24/7 in case of any and all emergencies.
- Go on “employer site visits” to document the internship experience.
YOUR QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, a passionate team player, able to work under pressure and fast on his/her feet.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Passion for international experiences with a global mindset
- Entrepreneurial spirit and intellectual curiosity
- Comfortable speaking to people on the phone
- Strong communicator with excellent writing, verbal, and presentation skills in English
- Previous study or intern abroad experiences a must
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple competing requests
- Comfortable building relationships with people on behalf of the brand
- Social media savvy and a strong sense for Customer Service
- Able and eager to wear many hats and collaborate with a small (but mighty!) team
WHO WE ARE
- We’re travelers, positive-thinkers and doers
- We help students discover the world
- We really do believe in “work hard – play hard”
- Open and collaborative – we all work together
- We’re global – we have programs all around the world
- Our Absolute company culture is strong, vibrant and definitely unique
WHO YOU ARE
- You are enthusiastic, energetic, super-organized – you thrive in a small team and love to communicate with people!
- You believe in the benefits of travel and love telling other people about it
- You know how to communicate over the phone
- You want to be part of a young international team that motivates and inspires you
- Going above and beyond is the only way you do things
- You excel at problem-solving- and and extremely detail-oriented
To apply for an International Program Coordinator position, please submit your CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com. Note the International Program Coordinator position and your name in the subject line.